Situated on the banks of the river Beas is a beautiful and popular hill station called Kullu. This hill station is known for its extremely picturesque surroundings that include the beautiful flowing Beas River and the magnificent view of the Himalayas in the background. Apart from its scenic beauty there are also other reasons that make Kullu an ideal destination to visit.
The 5 Reasons For Visiting Kullu are as follows
- The Great Himalayan National Park: Is a beautiful park surrounded on three sides by the towering Himalayan Mountains and is located at a distance of about 50 km from Kullu town. This park is popular for its flora and fauna. The wildlife i.e. fauna includes exotic animals such as snow leopards, blue sheep, Himalayan brown bear, musk deer etc. While the flora includes trees, shrubs, herbs, medicinal plants etc. Additionally, birds such as golden eagles, Himalayan griffon vultures, raptors etc are also seen. It is also popularly known to be ideal for trekking and, hence it is a “trekker’s paradise”.
- Kheerganga: Is popular for its scenic views of the surrounding Himalaya Mountains and for its hot springs. It is located in the Kullu district about 22 km away from the pilgrimage town of Manikaran. This region is also popular for adventure activities such as trekking, camping, nature walking, mountain climbing etc.
- Manikaran: Is a town that is located in the Kullu district and is considered sacred by both Hindus and the Sikhs. It is also famous for its hot springs. This town is located at about 5,700 above sea level.
- Raghunath Temple: Is a temple built during the 17th century by Raja Jagat Singh in honour of Lord Raghunath. Every year during Dussehera an international fair is celebrated at this temple.
- Shringi Rishi Temple: Is located in the Banjar valley. This temple is dedicated to the popular deity in the valley called Shringi Rishi. This deity is supposed to be among the eighteen chief deities i.e. atthara kardoo of the Kullu valley.