Lonavala is a hill station renowned for its exquisite beauty that is located in the Pune district in Maharashtra. It is popular for beautiful valleys and green mountains. It is located in the Western Ghats or Sahyadri Ranges at an altitude of 2,047 feet above sea level. It also consists of many waterfalls, meadows, lush green valley’s etc that are just breathtaking. Apart from its scenic beauty, there are many other reasons why Lonavla must be visited.
Here are 5 Reasons For Visiting Lonavala why
- Tiger Point: Is a point located at an altitude of about 650 meter above sea level. It is a popular tourist destination that offers magnificent views of forests, waterfalls, and lakes. It also provides for magnificent views of the rising and setting sun. This location is perfect for a genuine nature lover.
- Karla Caves: Are caves located in Lonavla that were built in 80 BC. These caves are known for its architectural brilliance while, the sculptures in the cave are truly beautiful and extremely intricate. The pillars and the carvings in the caves are also beautiful.
- Lion’s Point: Is another popular tourist destination in this region. It provides for magnificent views of deep valleys surrounded by greenery and a number of waterfalls. In other words this location is truly a natural beauty and is ideal destination for genuine “nature lovers” to explore.
- Bhaja caves: Is considered to be the one of the most ancient Buddhist centre in Asia. These are 22 rock cut caves that are located on a hill top. These caves are known for the architectural skills displayed by the craftsman that created these caves. It also provides for beautiful lush green views during the monsoons.
- Kune Hills: Is considered to be the 14th highest waterfall in the country. It is located at a height of around 650 feet. It is renowned for the picturesque natural beauty the surrounds it. It is also a three tiered waterfall that provides for magnificent views mainly during the monsoons.