Manali which was initially known as “Manualaya” meaning “the abode of Manu” is a beautiful hill station located near the northern end of the Kullu valley in Himachal Pradesh. This hill station is located at altitude of 2,050 meters above sea level and is known for its scenic beauty. It is also known for its beautiful pinewood forests and huge snow clad mountains. There are also a number of other reasons why this region must be visited.
The 5 Reasons For Visiting Manali are as follows
- The Rohtang Pass: Which is located at a distance of 50 kilometres from Manali provides for a magnificent view of the surrounding mountains. It is located on the Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas. It is a popular tourist destination which can be enjoyed by both genuine nature lovers and adventure fanatics.
- Naggar Castle: Is a beautiful palace that was built in 1460. Once upon a time this palace was home to Raja Sidh Singh. It is filled with beautiful magnificent fireplaces, staircases, stonework, and woodwork. The unique feature of this palace is that it combines European with Himalayan culture.
- Hidimba Devi Temple: Built in 1553 this is an ancient temple that is dedicated to Goddess Halima. This temple consists of a three tiered square tower about 24 meters high. It is surrounded by beautiful cedar forests on the foothills of the Himalayas. It is also a place rich in history and possesses truly amazing ancient architecture.
- Solang Valley: Is a valley that provides for breath taking views of glaciers and mountain tops. It is also a place where the best slopes for skiing can be found. So while in winters this region is perfect for skiing during summers it is ideal for other adventure sports such as paragliding, parachuting, and horse riding.
- Manali Sanctuary: Is a beautiful sanctuary that consists of magnificent green pastures and glaciers. Exotic fauna i.e. wildlife such as musk deer, monal, brown bears, and even snow leopards can be seen in this sanctuary.