Declared by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India as an eco friendly region “Matheran” is a beautiful hill station located in Raigad district in Maharashtra. This hill station is located at a distance of 90 km from Mumbai and 120 km for Pune and, hence serves as a perfect weekend getaway for people living in these cities. It also provides for picturesque views of its surroundings and, hence is a popular tourist destination. There are many other reasons as to why Matheran is worth visiting.
Read More: 5 REASONS FOR VISITING MAHABALESHWAR
The 5 Reasons For Visiting Matheran are as follows
- Echo Point: Is a beautiful peak located in Matheran. This location is known for its clean surroundings and extremely pleasant weather. It also provides for a wide range of food stalls and, hence is a “foodie’s delight”. It is also renowned for a phenomenon that allows you to hear your echo clearly and this is known as the eco effect.
- Louisa Point: Is a peak that provides for a magnificent view of Matheran. This peak is elevated at a high altitude and is considered to be amongst the tallest peak in this region. It also provides for some breathtaking views of waterfalls and lake side parks in this region.
- Charlotte Lake: Is a beautiful lake that is located at about 30 km from Matheran town. This lake is known for its picturesque beauty and fresh water. An ancient temple dedicated to Lord Pisaarnath is also located besides this lake. Additionally, a variety of migratory birds can also be observed around this lake.
- Alexander Point: Is located at the end of the mountain range of Matheran. It is renowned for the evergreen trees that surround it. It also provides for magnificent views of locations such as Rambag point, Gadbut point, Paldari Lake etc. It is also a perfect spot for adventure activities such as trekking, horse riding etc.
- One Tree Hill: Is a spot located on top of a mountain and is essentially a “trekker’s paradise”. This location is known for its picturesque beauty. It is also surrounded by beautiful trees on one side and a deep valley on the other.
Also Read: CUISINE OF MAHARASHTRA