Udhagamandalam or Ooty is a beautiful hill station located in Tamil Nadu. It is also widely known as “Ootacamund” and is located in the Nilgiri Hills. This hill station is popular for its picturesque beauty. It is also known for its beautiful tea gardens, pine, and eucalyptus trees. Apart from scenic beauty, there are other reasons why Ooty must be visited.
Here are 5 Reasons For Visiting Ooty why:
- Botanical Gardens: Established in 1848 is located on the slopes of the Doddabetta peak. These gardens are known for its greenery and a variety of flowers. These gardens are maintained by the Tamil Nadu horticulture society and cover an area of 22 hectares.
- Tea Factory: Is quite a popular tourist spot in Ooty. It is known for the aroma of fresh tea leaves. This factory also provides you with a shop where tea can be purchased. It is also an ideal educational destination for kids.
- Doddabetta Peak: Is a peak located at an altitude of 8,650 feet above sea level and is considered the highest peak in South of India. It also provides for a perfect trekking landscape and hence a “trekkers paradise”.
- Avalanche Lake: Is a scenic lake that is located at a distance of 28 km from Ooty. This lake is extremely scenic and one can enjoy activities such as camping and trout fishing. The landscape surrounding this lake is also perfect for trekking. This lake got its name due to a landslide that occurred during the early 1800’s.
- Mudumalai National Park: Is a park that is home to several animals and birds species. The animals found in this park include Bengal Tiger, Leopards, Indian Bison, and Asiatic elephants.