Located at an altitude of 7200 feet above sea level is a beautiful hill station called Pahalgam in Jammu and Kashmir. This hill station is known for its picturesque natural beauty. It is also known for a rare and rich flora and fauna. This hill station is also the starting point of the famous Amarnath Yatra. Apart from it scenic beauty and exotic flora and fauna there are other reasons why “Pahalgam” should be visited.
Read More: SNOWFALL IN MARCH! PATNITOP
Here are 5 Reasons For Visiting Pahalgam why
- Tulian Lake: Is a lake that is located at an altitude of 3,353 meters above sea level. This lake is surrounded by beautiful high snow clad mountains that include Pir Panjal and Zanskar. And hence is popular among tourists. Very often chunks of ice is observed floating in the lake.
- Betaab Valley: Is a valley named after the Sunny Deol and Amrita Singh movie Betaab which was shot at this location and, hence the name. This valley is surrounded by green meadows, snow-clad mountains, and beautiful dense vegetation making it an extremely picturesque spot.
- Pahalgam Golf Club: Is a popular golf course located in this region. This golf course is extremely well maintained and is well worth a visit.
- Kolhoi Glacier: Is located in the Lidder Valley just below the Kolhoi Peak. It is an extremely picturesque location in Pahalgam. It has also been affected by global warming and has shrunk in area from 13.57 km in 1963 to 10.69 in 2005. It also provides water to the people in the Anantnag district.
- Aru: Is a beautiful resort village located at a distance of 11 km from Pahalgam. Elevated at an altitude of 2,408 meters above sea level is a popular trekking site.
Also Read: TOP 10 HILL STATIONS IN THE HIMALAYAS